Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
|Device Type||PC powered|
|Retail Price||$695 with controllers|
|Display Type||2 x LCD|
|Subpixel Layout||RGB stripe|
|Resolution (per eye)||263x230|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Field of View||35.5° horizontal, 26.4° vertical, 44° diagonal|
|IPD Range||50-80 mm hardware adjustable|
|Headstrap||Hard padded plastic strap with flip-up visor|
|Tracking Type||3 DoF Non-positional|
|Controllers||1 x CyberPuck (3 DoF)|
|Input Methods||Side buttons|
|Speakers||Integrated stereo headphones|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||No|
|Video Connection||VGA, ISA|
The Forte VFX1 is a virtual reality headset manufactured by Forte. It was released in January 1995, following an announcement in January 1994. It is the company's first VR headset release.
- This headset is discontinued.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset has a low per-eye resolution. 263x230
- This headset has a low refresh rate. 60 Hz
- This headset has a low horizontal field of view. 35.5°
- This headset has non-positional 3DoF tracking.
- This headset can only be purchased with a single 3DoF controller.