Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
|Device Type||PC powered|
|Retail Price||$799 with controllers, base stations|
|Display Type||2 x OLED|
|Resolution (per eye)||1080x1200|
|Refresh Rate||90 Hz|
|Field of View||88° horizontal, 88° vertical, 124° diagonal|
|IPD Range||61-72 mm hardware adjustable|
190 x 117 x 140 mm
7.48 x 4.61 x 5.51 in
|Weight||470 g with headstrap|
|Material||Plastic, foam facial interface|
|Headstrap||Flexible fabric strap|
|Tracking Type||6 DoF Inside-out (marker based)|
|Base Stations||2 x Vive Base Station|
|Controllers||2 x HTC Vive controller (6 DoF)|
|Input Methods||Trackpad, face buttons, index trigger, grip buttons|
|Finger Tracking||Partial thumb and index finger tracking|
|Battery Life||6 hours|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||Yes|
|Video Connection||HDMI, USB 2.0|
The HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset manufactured by HTC. It was released in April 2016, following an announcement in March 2015. It is the company's first VR headset release.
- This headset is discontinued.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset has a low per-eye resolution. 1080x1200
- This headset has a low horizontal field of view. 88°
- This headset uses marker-based tracking that requires external base stations for full tracking capability.
- This headset can be purchased with two 6DoF controllers.
Model credit: Eternal Realm