Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
HTC Vive Pro 2
|Device Type||PC powered|
$799 headset only
$1399 with controllers, base stations
|Display Type||2 x LCD|
|Subpixel Layout||RGB stripe|
|Resolution (per eye)||2448x2448|
|Refresh Rate||120 Hz|
|Field of View||116° horizontal, 96° vertical, 151° diagonal estimate|
|Passthrough||Dual passthrough cameras|
|Material||Plastic, foam facial interface|
|Headstrap||Hard padded retractable strap|
|Colors||Black / blue|
|Tracking Type||6 DoF Inside-out (marker based)|
|Base Stations||2 x SteamVR 2.0|
|Controllers||2 x Vive Pro Controller (6 DoF)|
|Input Methods||Trackpad, face buttons, index trigger, grip buttons|
|Finger Tracking||Partial thumb and index finger tracking|
|Battery Life||6 hours|
|Speakers||Removable stereo headphones|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||Yes|
|Video Connection||DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.0, wireless via VIVE Wireless Adapter|
The HTC Vive Pro 2 is a virtual reality headset manufactured by HTC. It was released in June 2021, following an announcement in May the same year. It is the company's eighth VR headset release.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset has a high per-eye resolution. 2448x2448
- This headset has a high refresh rate. 120 Hz
- This headset has a high horizontal field of view. 116°
- This headset uses marker-based tracking that requires external base stations for full tracking capability.
- This headset can be purchased with two 6DoF controllers.
The Vive Pro 2 is HTC's successor to the Vive Pro, featuring an improved display with increased resolution and refresh rate.
The headset also makes use of display stream compression technology, which allows for video data to be losslessly compressed when sent from the graphics card to the headset. This has also allowed the headset to be backwards compatible with DisplayPort 1.2.