Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
Oculus Rift DK1
|Device Type||PC powered|
|Retail Price||$300 headset only|
|Display Type||Single LCD|
|Subpixel Layout||RGB stripe|
|Resolution (per eye)||640x800|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Field of View||90° horizontal, 90° vertical, 127° diagonal|
|IPD Range||63.5 fixed|
|Weight||380 g without headstrap|
|Material||Plastic, foam facial interface|
|Headstrap||Flexible fabric strap|
|Tracking Type||3 DoF Non-positional|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||No|
|Video Connection||HDMI, DVI, USB|
The Oculus Rift DK1 is a virtual reality headset manufactured by Oculus. It was released in March 2013, following an announcement in August 2012. It is the company's first VR headset release.
- This headset is discontinued.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset has a low per-eye resolution. 640x800
- This headset has a low refresh rate. 60 Hz
- This headset has non-positional 3DoF tracking.
- This headset is sold without controllers.
The Oculus Rift DK1 (development kit 1) is the first headset produced by Oculus, given to backers of their associated Kickstarter campaign. It is considered to be the first modern consumer VR headset.