Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
Pimax 5K XR
|Device Type||PC powered|
|Platform||SteamVR, Oculus Home|
$899 headset only
$1199 with controllers
$1449 with controllers, base stations
|Display Type||2 x OLED|
|Resolution (per eye)||2560x1440|
|Refresh Rate||82 Hz|
|Field of View||
150° horizontal, 103° vertical, 182° diagonal*
Advertised as 170° (H), 115° (V), 200° (D)
|IPD Range||60-72 mm hardware adjustable|
280 x 108 x 136 mm
11.02 x 4.25 x 5.35 in
500 g without headstrap
514 g with headstrap
|Material||Plastic, foam facial interface|
|Headstrap||Flexible fabric strap|
|Tracking Type||6 DoF Inside-out (marker based)|
|Base Stations||2 x SteamVR 2.0|
|Controllers||2 x Index Controller (6 DoF)|
|Input Methods||Trackpad, face buttons, index trigger|
|Finger Tracking||Full thumb and finger tracking|
|Battery Life||8 hours|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||Yes|
|Video Connection||DisplayPort, USB 3.0|
The Pimax 5K XR is a virtual reality headset manufactured by Pimax. It was released in November 2018, following an announcement in September the same year. It is the company's second VR headset release.
- This headset is discontinued.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset has a high per-eye resolution. 2560x1440
- This headset has a high horizontal field of view. 150°
- This headset uses marker-based tracking that requires external base stations for full tracking capability.
- This headset can be purchased with two 6DoF controllers.