Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
|Device Type||PC powered|
|Retail Price||$3195 headset only|
2 x LCD*
*Peripheral displays. Focal area: uOLED displays.
|Subpixel Layout||RGB Stripe|
|Resolution (per eye)||
*Peripheral displays. Focal displays: 1920x1920
|Refresh Rate||90 Hz|
|Field of View||
115° horizontal, 90° vertical, 146° diagonal*
*Peripheral displays. Focal displays: 27°
|Passthrough||Passthrough via tracking cameras|
|IPD Range||59-71 mm hardware adjustable|
558 g without headstrap
944 g with headstrap
|Material||Plastic, foam facial interface|
|Headstrap||Hard padded retractable halo strap|
|Tracking Type||6 DoF Inside-out via 2 integrated cameras|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||Yes|
|Video Connection||DisplayPort, USB-C|
The Varjo VR-3 is a virtual reality headset manufactured by Varjo. It was released in January 2021, following an announcement in December 2020. It is the company's sixth VR headset release.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset is heavy. 944 g
- This headset has a high per-eye resolution. 2880x2720
- This headset has a high horizontal field of view. 115°
- This headset does not require external base stations.
- This headset is sold without controllers.
The headset features Varjo's Bionic Display technology, in which a fixed central area of the wearer's vision is occupied by a high PPD display, and a lower PPD display is used to cover a wearer's peripheral vision.