Support the site by following @VRcompare on Twitter
VRgineers XTAL 8K
|Device Type||PC powered|
|Retail Price||$7980 headset only|
|Display Type||2 x Fast switch OLED|
|Resolution (per eye)||3840x2160|
120 Hz upscaled
|Field of View||150° horizontal, 100° vertical, 180° diagonal estimate|
|IPD Range||56-72 mm hardware adjustable|
|Weight||770 g with headstrap|
|Material||Plastic, synthetic leather facial interface|
|Headstrap||Hard retractable padded strap|
|Tracking Type||6 DoF Inside-out (marker based)|
|Base Stations||2 x SteamVR 1.0, SteamVR 2.0|
|3.5mm Audio Jack||Yes|
|Video Connection||DisplayPort, USB 3.0|
The VRgineers XTAL 8K is a virtual reality headset manufactured by VRgineers. It was released in January 2020, following an announcement in January the same year. It is the company's second VR headset release.
- This headset requires a connection to a PC in order to be used.
- This headset is heavy. 770 g
- This headset has a high per-eye resolution. 3840x2160
- This headset has a high horizontal field of view. 150°
- This headset uses marker-based tracking that requires external base stations for full tracking capability.
- This headset is sold without controllers.